My practice involves tax assessment litigation, tax foreclosure, and eminent domain work. I have broad experience representing businesses, private landowners, municipalities, school districts, and universities in these fields.
Specifically, my background, like Rebecca's, is litigating property tax and valuation proceedings pursuant to New York’s Real Property Tax Law (RPTL). I have litigated property tax issues involving numerous property types including shopping malls, apartment complexes, grocery stores, shopping plazas, golf courses, distribution centers, farms / agricultural land, hydro dams, lake houses, solar farms, private hunting land and more. I also have experience with a numerous other real property tax issues including non-profit exemptions (RPTL 420-a and RPTL 420-b), agricultural exemptions (RPTL 481 and 483), solar/wind exemptions (RPTL 487), business investment exemptions (RPTL 485-a and 485-b), veterans exemptions (RPTL 458) and more. I have successfully obtained numerous assessment reductions via RPTL Article 7 proceedings and correction of error applications (RPTL 550 et seq.). I also serve a tax foreclosure counsel for municipalities and have experience defending tax foreclosure proceedings.
Prior to joining Rebecca, I worked for Bond, Schoeneck & King, PLLC. I also previously interned with Federal District Court Judge Hon. Glenn T. Suddaby and Federal Magistrate Judge Hon. David E. Peebles. Outside of work, my favorite pastime is hiking and camping with my wife and dog.
Honors & Affiliations
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Listed in: New York Super Lawyers 2018®, Upstate New York Rising Star, State/Local/Municipal
- Justinian Honorary Law Society
- Order of the Coif
- Syracuse Law Review
- Syracuse Moot Court Honors Society
- Mission Landing Condominium Association, Board Member
- Ottawa Police Service Pipe Band, Member
- Syracuse Scottish Pipe Band, Member
- Syracuse City School District, Former Criminal Justice Teaching Fellow
Copyright © 2019 SPENO MACLEOD, PLLC - All Rights Reserved.